- View More Services
- Teeth Cleanings | Phoenix, AZ
- Dental Crowns | Phoenix, AZ
- Digital X-rays | Phoenix, AZ
- Emergency Care | Phoenix, AZ
- Simple Extractions | Phoenix, AZ
- White Fillings | Phoenix, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments | Phoenix, AZ
- Infant Exams | Phoenix, AZ
- Nerve Treatment | Phoenix, AZ
- Sealants | Phoenix, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry | Phoenix, AZ
- Space Maintainers | Phoenix, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care | Phoenix, AZ
Simple Extractions | Phoenix, AZ
Your child’s natural teeth play a major role in their life. Baby teeth allow children to bite and chew, speak clearly and maintain correct mouth and jawbone structure. This is why our pediatric dentist in north Phoenix makes restoring, repairing and saving your child’s natural teeth a priority. But when saving the tooth is not an option, Jet Set Smiles will recommend a simple extraction.
Why tooth extractions are recommended by our north Phoenix pediatric dentist
Sometimes a baby tooth can’t be saved. Decay, disease or trauma may create too much damage to safely restore the tooth. Or the permanent tooth may not be able to come through because the baby tooth has not fallen out. If we determine the best solution is extraction, our Jet Set Smiles dentist will make sure your child is comfortable before, during and after the extraction.
Your child’s tooth extraction
We may be able to extract the tooth during a regular checkup, or we may schedule the procedure for another visit. With modern dentistry techniques, a tooth extraction is normally a fairly quick and simple procedure. Our north Phoenix pediatric dentist will administer local anesthesia to numb the tooth and surrounding area so your child won’t feel a thing. If your child needs calming, we can also provide nitrous oxide as a safe way to help your child relax and sit still while being awake and able to respond.
Special care after baby tooth extraction
A few precautions for the first two to three days, or longer until discomfort is gone, will ensure your child’s mouth heals quickly and properly.
- Avoid carbonated beverages, straws and sucking.
- Avoid chewing; eat soft foods such as gelatin, pudding, yogurt, mashed potatoes and ice cream.
- Avoid crunchy foods such as popcorn, pretzels, pizza, tacos or crackers.
- If your child has any discomfort, use Advil® or Tylenol®.
- If your child experiences swelling, apply a cold cloth or an ice bag and call our office.
We may recommend inserting a space maintainer to hold the adjacent teeth and jaw in position while waiting for the permanent tooth to come in. This will help your child avoid problems with chewing, speech and other dental health issues the gap may cause.
The North Phoenix pediatric dentist for tooth extractions
The Jet Set Smiles pediatric dentist and team are highly skilled and trained to give your child the right start to a lifetime of good dental health.
Looking for a gentle, friendly pediatric dentist in north Phoenix, north Scottsdale, Carefree, Desert Ridge, Tatum Highlands, Cave Creek or Pinnacle Peak, AZ? Your child deserves the highest quality care for their dental health. Call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. 480.284.5076
Helping little smiles grow up to be big, healthy, happy smiles!
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.