- View More Services
- Teeth Cleanings | Phoenix, AZ
- Dental Crowns | Phoenix, AZ
- Digital X-rays | Phoenix, AZ
- Emergency Care | Phoenix, AZ
- Simple Extractions | Phoenix, AZ
- White Fillings | Phoenix, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments | Phoenix, AZ
- Infant Exams | Phoenix, AZ
- Nerve Treatment | Phoenix, AZ
- Sealants | Phoenix, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry | Phoenix, AZ
- Space Maintainers | Phoenix, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care | Phoenix, AZ
White Fillings | Phoenix, AZ
Dental fillings are the most common type of dental restoration for children. Nearly 50 percent of children have a cavity by the age of five, so Jet Set Smiles checks closely for cavities at every appointment to catch and repair the decay in its early stages.
When baby teeth need fillings
When a baby tooth gets a cavity, the decay must be removed to protect your child from developing more serious tooth decay and other oral health and medical issues. After removing the decayed portion of a primary tooth, the filling returns the tooth to its original shape and function and protects the tooth until it falls out naturally. Keeping baby teeth strong and healthy is vitally important to learning to speak clearly, promoting comfortable chewing, developing an attractive facial shape and allowing the permanent teeth to come in straight.
White dental fillings do more than give your child a natural-looking smile
Recent advances in composite resin fillings, the natural tooth-colored or “white” fillings, and their attractiveness, have made their popularity soar. Our Jet Set Smiles north Phoenix office offers white fillings for our patients rather than silver amalgam whenever functionally possible. We’re aware that children can be sensitive about their appearance and composite white fillings look natural, unlike silver amalgam, but composite fillings offer other benefits:
- Less drilling of the tooth and less tooth removed than for amalgam fillings
- Tighter seal on the tooth for more protection and longer tooth life
- Greater tooth strength and fewer tooth fractures because composite resin actually bonds to the tooth
- Avoid any health concerns about mercury in amalgam, although the amount is very small
White dental fillings available in north Phoenix for your child’s smile
If your child has a cavity, we’ll be sure to explain the options for fillings and their benefits. The pediatric dentists at Jet Set Smiles want your child to have all the best chances for a beautiful smile for life.
Looking for a gentle, friendly pediatric dentist in north Phoenix, north Scottsdale, Carefree, Desert Ridge, Tatum Highlands, Cave Creek or Pinnacle Peak, AZ? Your child deserves the highest quality care for their dental health. Call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. 480.284.5076
Helping little smiles grow up to be big, healthy, happy smiles!
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.