- View More Services
- Teeth Cleanings | North Phoenix, AZ
- Dental Crowns Near Me| North Phoenix, AZ
- Digital X-rays | North Phoenix, AZ
- Emergency Care | North Phoenix, AZ
- Simple Extractions | North Phoenix, AZ
- White Fillings | North Phoenix, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments | North Phoenix, AZ
- Infant Exams | North Phoenix, AZ
- Nerve Treatment | North Phoenix, AZ
- Sealants | North Phoenix, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry | North Phoenix, AZ
- Space Maintainers | North Phoenix, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care | North Phoenix, AZ
- Non Sedation Dentistry | North Phoenix, AZ
Fluoride Treatments | North Phoenix, AZ
Fluoride, a naturally occurring mineral, can prevent tooth decay and one of its most smile-dimming effects: cavities. At your child’s twice-yearly dental cleaning, our pediatric dentists in north Phoenix will determine if a fluoride treatment is needed for your child’s teeth.
Tooth decay, cavities and fluoride
Bacteria in the mouth produce acids—fueled by sugary and starchy foods—that are constantly attacking teeth’s enamel, stripping it of important minerals. This weakens and destroys enamel, and can eventually lead to cavities. Fluoride can help:
- Prevent mineral loss and replace lost minerals
- Reduce bacteria’s ability to produce acid
- Strengthen developing teeth
- Prevent tooth decay
- Reverse early tooth decay
Young children, cavities and fluoride treatments
Cavities in general have been on the decline in recent years, thanks to improved oral hygiene and water fluoridation. However, although a majority of public water systems are fluoridated, many people today don’t drink tap water. Most bottled water, RO systems and well water on private property is not fluoridated. Because of this, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry reports that cavities in young children are on the rise: as many as one-third of children may have cavities by ages three to five. In addition to pain and discomfort, untreated baby teeth cavities can destroy children’s teeth and affect their overall health.
These startling statistics highlight the importance of fluoride treatments as part of your child’s dental care. In addition to regular check-ups and fluoride treatments, you can start your kids on the right dental track by brushing their teeth after meals, and limiting their sugar and snack intake. Other recommendations include not letting babies go to sleep with bottles and filling toddlers’ sippy cups with water only.
Fluoride treatments in north Phoenix
At Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we know that fluoride use has long been recognized as a pillar of cavity prevention, along with regular dental exams and a healthy diet. Our pediatric dentists offer the latest, safest pediatric fluoride treatments to help protect your children’s teeth against cavities—and to help keep their smiles bright.
Looking for a gentle, friendly pediatric dentist in north Phoenix, north Scottsdale, Carefree, Desert Ridge, Tatum Highlands, Cave Creek or Pinnacle Peak, AZ? Your child deserves the highest quality care for their dental health. Call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. 480.284.5076
Helping little smiles grow up to be big, healthy, happy smiles!
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.