- View More Services
- Teeth Cleanings | North Phoenix, AZ
- Dental Crowns | North Phoenix, AZ
- Digital X-rays | North Phoenix, AZ
- Emergency Care | North Phoenix, AZ
- Simple Extractions | North Phoenix, AZ
- White Fillings | North Phoenix, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments | North Phoenix, AZ
- Infant Exams | North Phoenix, AZ
- Nerve Treatment | North Phoenix, AZ
- Sealants | North Phoenix, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry | North Phoenix, AZ
- Space Maintainers | North Phoenix, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care | North Phoenix, AZ
Teeth Cleanings | North Phoenix, AZ
One of the best decisions you can make to help your child enjoy a lifetime of good oral health is simple: bring them to our north Phoenix pediatric dentist office twice a year for a professional cleaning and checkup.
Why kids need professional cleanings
Good dental care starts at home, but even the best brushing and flossing can’t remove all of the cavity-causing plaque. And once children start brushing and flossing their own teeth, a twice-yearly professional cleaning is even more important. Our hygienists are specially trained in pediatric dentistry and understand the unique requirements of cleaning and examining your child’s teeth and gums, and looking for signs of cavities.
Cavities happen when left unchecked
Good oral hygiene removes bacteria and the leftever food particles that combine to create cavities. Children, tweens and teens are not always committed to practicing consistent, daily dental hygiene. When food is not removed:
- Sugars left in your child’s mouth after eating convert to acid, which can eat through the tooth’s enamel.
- The action of sugars and acid may create cavities if not removed by regular brushing and flossing.
- With regular pediatric dental cleanings, cavities can often be prevented, or caught when they’re very small and much easier to fix.
To provide additional protection, we recommend:
- Fluoride treatments twice a year to keep teeth their strongest
- Tooth sealants to prevent decay from forming in the hard-to-reach grooves. Sealants last for several years.
Developing good cleaning habits at home
Give your child the best chance for good oral health by taking care of their mouths as soon as the first tooth comes in. Wipe the plaque from your baby’s teeth and gums with a wet gauze or clean washcloth. Avoid putting your child to bed with a bottle; sugar in formula will sit in the mouth for hours. Brush your toddler’s or child’s teeth twice a day until they become proficient.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends visits every six months to your pediatric dentist, beginning at your child’s first birthday. Routine visits to Jet Set Smiles in north Phoenix will start your child on a lifetime of good dental health and happy smiles.
Looking for a gentle, friendly pediatric dentist in north Phoenix, north Scottsdale, Carefree, Desert Ridge, Tatum Highlands, Cave Creek or Pinnacle Peak, AZ? Your child deserves the highest quality care for their dental health. Call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. 480.284.5076
Helping little smiles grow up to be big, healthy, happy smiles!
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.