- View More Services
- Teeth Cleanings | North Phoenix, AZ
- Dental Crowns Near Me| North Phoenix, AZ
- Digital X-rays | North Phoenix, AZ
- Emergency Care | North Phoenix, AZ
- Simple Extractions | North Phoenix, AZ
- White Fillings | North Phoenix, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments | North Phoenix, AZ
- Infant Exams | North Phoenix, AZ
- Nerve Treatment | North Phoenix, AZ
- Sealants | North Phoenix, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry | North Phoenix, AZ
- Space Maintainers | North Phoenix, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care | North Phoenix, AZ
Special Needs Dental Care | North Phoenix, AZ
We believe every child should have the opportunity to get the right start to a lifetime of good oral health. At Jet Set Smiles in north Phoenix, our team loves to work with special needs pediatric children. We’ve been specially trained to look for certain dental problems often found in these children, and we strive to make their visit to the dentist positive and comfortable with minimal stress.
Accommodations to make special needs children comfortable
We want your child to think of us as their friends. Our north Phoenix pediatric dental team is aware of the need to provide increased attention and accommodation to give your child the best care. Our office is designed to be physically accessible to special children, based on the recommendations of the American Dental Association and OSHA.
Common dental problems of special needs children
We’re aware of the common concerns about dental health of special needs children and pay close attention to them during regular checkups, including:
- Greater susceptibility to tooth decay and gum disease
- Poor dental health caused by certain medications and dietary restrictions
- Physical limitations to performing good dental habits
- Extreme anxiety about dental examinations or treatments
Dental treatments for special needs children in north Phoenix
Jet Set Smiles pediatric dentists work closely with our special needs patients and their families to determine the best options for delivering safe, stress-free care. If your child is unable to relax in the chair, we may recommend using nitrous oxide (laughing gas), a safe, effective sedation option to help them feel more comfortable while remaining awake and alert. For children with high anxiety or sensory challenges, or when they need extensive dental treatment, we have found that using general anesthesia provides the best experience for both the child and parent, as well as providing for a child’s overall health and well-being. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Dental Association and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services support the use of general anesthesia as an accepted standard of care.
Making your child’s dental care a priority
The Jet Set Smiles team can show you brushing and flossing techniques and provide answers to your questions to help your child maintain strong, healthy teeth. Call our north Phoenix pediatric dental office about your special needs child – we would love to help your child enjoy a positive dental experience.
Looking for a gentle, friendly pediatric dentist in north Phoenix, north Scottsdale, Carefree, Desert Ridge, Tatum Highlands, Cave Creek or Pinnacle Peak, AZ? Your child deserves the highest quality care for their dental health. Call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. 480.284.5076
Helping little smiles grow up to be big, healthy, happy smiles!
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.