Dentistry Local Services
- View More Services
- Dental Care for Kids with Special Needs in Desert Ridge, AZ
- Dental Crowns for Kids in Cave Creek, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments for Kids in Cave Creek, AZ
- Nerve Treatment for Kids in Desert Ridge, AZ
- Pediatric Emergency Care in Desert Ridge, AZ
- Pediatric Teeth Cleaning in Cave Creek, AZ
- Dental Crowns for Kids in Desert Ridge, AZ
- Teeth Cleaning For Kids in Deer Valley, AZ
- Teeth Cleaning for Kids in Desert Ridge, AZ
- Fluoride Treatments for Kids in Desert Ridge, AZ
- Dental Crowns for Kids in Deer Valley, AZ
- Flouride Treatments for Kids in Deer Valley, AZ
- Tooth Extraction In Deer Valley, AZ
- Tooth Extraction In Cave Creek, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care In Deer Valley, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care In Cave Creek, AZ
- Space Maintainers In Deer Valley, AZ
- Space Maintainers In Cave Creek, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry In Deer Valley, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry In Cave Creek, AZ
- Nerve Treatment In Deer Valley, AZ
- Nerve Treatment In Cave Creek, AZ
- Emergency Dental Care In Deer Valley, AZ
- Emergency Dental Care In Cave Creek, AZ
Nerve Treatment In Deer Valley, AZ
Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry proudly offers nerve treatment to Deer Valley, AZ patients. Our office is led by Dr. Hiren Patel, a board-certified pediatric dentist specializing in treating children and adolescents with cavities and gum disease. With our advanced dental technology, we can provide effective treatments that can help reduce pain from tooth sensitivity caused by exposed nerves.
Causes Of Nerve Damage In Children’s Teeth
Several factors can cause nerve damage in children’s teeth:
- Tooth decay – If cavities are not treated, bacteria may penetrate deeper layers of the tooth and harm the nerve.
- Trauma – Accidents or injuries that cause a child’s mouth to be forcefully hit can result in trauma to the teeth, leading to exposed nerves.
- Gum disease – If gum disease is not treated, it can spread and eventually lead to bone loss. This bone loss can create pockets within the gums, leading to exposed nerves.
The Importance Of Early Detection And Treatment
Early detection and treatment of nerve damage in children’s teeth is essential to avoid further complications. If left untreated, the exposed nerves can cause intense pain, sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures, and even infection. This detection is why it’s important to monitor your child’s oral health closely and visit a dentist regularly to help identify any potential issues before they become more serious.
Pulpotomy vs. Pulpectomy
When a child has nerve damage, the most common treatments are pulpotomy and pulpectomy. During a pulpotomy, the infected portion of the pulp (nerve) is removed while preserving as much healthy tissue as possible. A pulpectomy involves removing all of the pulp from the tooth and replacing it with an artificial material. These procedures can help reduce pain, sensitivity, and infection caused by exposed nerves.
What To Expect During Each Type Of Nerve Treatment For Children?
When your child receives a pulpotomy or pulpectomy, the dentist will administer a local anesthetic to numb the affected area. They will then use specialized tools to carefully remove the infected portion of the pulp and replace it with either a special filling material or an artificial substance. Once complete, your child’s tooth should be restored to its natural color and shape.
Aftercare And Recovery For Children’s Nerve Treatments
After a pulpotomy or pulpectomy, following your dentist’s instructions for proper aftercare is essential. Avoid certain foods and beverages for the first few days after treatment and limit physical activity. Over-the-counter or dentist-prescribed painkillers can help your child recover.
What To Do Before Your Child’s Nerve Treatment Appointment?
Before your child’s appointment for nerve treatment, it is essential to ensure they have a good night’s sleep and a healthy meal. Additionally, you should brush your child’s teeth the night before their appointment and provide them with a detailed medical history.
How Much Does Nerve Treatment Typically Cost For Children?
Children’s nerve therapy costs vary by ailment and severity. Generally speaking, a pulpotomy or pulpectomy will cost between $500 and $1,500. However, the price can be substantially lower if the nerve damage is addressed early on before it develops into a more serious issue.
Schedule Your Child’s Nerve Treatment Appointment In Deer Valley, AZ, Today!
Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry is always here to help your child get the necessary dental care. If your child is experiencing nerve pain, our experienced dentist, Dr. Hiren Patel, will provide the required treatment to help them achieve a healthy smile. To book an appointment, call us at 480-284-5076.
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.