Dentistry Local Services
- View More Services
- Tooth Extraction In Deer Valley, AZ
- Tooth Extraction In Cave Creek, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care In Deer Valley, AZ
- Special Needs Dental Care In Cave Creek, AZ
- Space Maintainers In Deer Valley, AZ
- Space Maintainers In Cave Creek, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry In Deer Valley, AZ
- Sedation Dentistry In Cave Creek, AZ
- Nerve Treatment In Deer Valley, AZ
- Nerve Treatment In Cave Creek, AZ
- Emergency Dental Care In Deer Valley, AZ
- Emergency Dental Care In Cave Creek, AZ
Special Needs Dental Care In Cave Creek, AZ
Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry offers special needs dental care for Cave Creek, AZ patients. Under the leadership of Dr. Hiren Patel, our team of experienced and compassionate professionals understands that each patient’s needs are different and require a tailored approach to ensure successful outcomes. The pediatric specialist at Jet Set Smiles understands how important it is to keep your children healthy and pain-free and strives to build trusting relationships with both children and parents.
Importance Of Dental Care For Children With Special Needs In Cave Creek, AZ
Special needs kids’ teeth and gums can be damaged if they don’t get regular dental care. Prompt treatment is essential since dental infections can spread to other body parts and cause serious complications. In addition to preventive care, early detection, and treatment are key components of successful special needs dental care in Cave Creek, AZ.
At Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we understand that many special needs patients experience anxiety or discomfort during appointments. That’s why we provide sedation treatments such as nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or conscious oral sedation if necessary to ensure your child feels comfortable throughout their visit.
What Are The Common Dental Issues For Children With Special Needs?
Special needs children have dental issues like:
- Tooth decay – This is caused by poor oral hygiene and inadequate exposure to fluoride.
- Gummy smile-This occurs when the gum tissue covers too much of the teeth, making them appear smaller than they are.
- Malocclusion– This improper bite can cause problems such as difficulty speaking or chewing food, orthodontic issues, and jaw pain.
- Abnormal growths– An overgrowth of specific tissues in the mouth or abnormal development of muscles and other facial structures can cause these.
- Dry mouth – Saliva helps prevent tooth decay and promote overall oral health; however, some individuals with special needs may have difficulty producing enough saliva to keep their teeth healthy.
- Bruxism – This is a condition where individuals grind or clench their teeth, leading to damage and wear on the teeth over time.
Dental Treatments Available For Children With Special Needs In Cave Creek, AZ
At Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, Dr. Patel and his team can provide a variety of dental treatments for children with special needs in Cave Creek, AZ. Depending on your child’s specific condition and requirements, we may recommend routine checkups, preventive cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, fillings, digital x-rays, and restorative dentistry, to name a few.
Why Do Children With Special Needs Need Specialized Dental Care?
Specially trained dentists can adequately diagnose and treat special needs children. Special needs patients often require more frequent appointments, specialized equipment or techniques, and a higher degree of patient management than those without special needs. Proper care allows your child to enjoy healthier teeth and gums while avoiding potential systemic health issues.
How To Find A Qualified Dentist For Children With Special Needs In Cave Creek, AZ
Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry is one of the best pediatric dental practices. Led by Dr. Hiren Patel and his team of experienced and compassionate professionals provides specialized care for children with special needs in Cave Creek, AZ. Call (480) 284-5076 to learn more about their services, or make an appointment online today.
We look forward to helping your child maintain a healthy smile!
For gentle, friendly, child dental care, call Jet Set Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 623.322.2277.
Serving infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the Deer Valley, Glendale, Arrowhead Ranch and surrounding areas.